Sofia is the Central and Southeast Europe Accounts/Business Development Leader and Capital Markets Leader within EY. She has over 28 years of experience in audit services.
She is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of New York and member of the Institute of Certified Auditors-Accountants in Greece. Sofia has been working with other regional offices as US GAAP expert and is the Capital Markets Leader for CSE.
Sofia has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and International Business from New York University and a MBA in International Finance from Baruch College.
- Lead Audit Partner for listed companies on the NASDAQ and NYSE, preparing financial statements under US GAAP.
- Extensive experience in auditing multinational group of companies preparing financial statements under IFRS.
- Subject matter resource for EY offices in Central and Southeast Europe on capital markets cross border transactions both public offerings (including NYSE, NASDAQ and AIM) and private placements.
- Led the EY Southeast Europe Internal Audit service line, organized and trained internal audit divisions for a number of Greek and foreign companies.
- She has wide experience in executing external audits, both in the U.S. and in Greece, her industry expertise including, inter alia, shipping, construction, cement, oil, telecommunications, publications and real estate.
- Auditing Greek and US Listed Companies, including conversions to IFRS and US GAAP.
- Leading and advising on initial public offering transactions in Greece and the US.