Jellicoe Tankers is led by Lars Dencker Nielsen as President and CEO. Jellicoe Tankers operates 10 vessels primarily East of Suez. Currently, Jellicoe operates in the VLCC, Aframax and MR Product Segments from offices in London, Singapore and Chennai. Mr. Dencker Nielsen brings an advanced depth of experience with over 20 years in the shipping industry at the top tier. He has a deep functional knowledge in most tanker and shipping related facets. At BP, he led a global commercial fleet comprising of 7,000 (est.) annual fixtures and the operation of about 100 ships (owned and time-chartered). During this tenure, he was responsible for leading a performance driven global commercial team of about 40 chartering professionals focusing on all segments from Crude, Products, LPG, LNG, Chemicals, Off-shore to Small Tankers and Barges. Furthermore, Mr. Dencker Nielsen co- developed and led the successful freight derivative business providing advanced risk management services for the corporation. Mr Dencker Nielsen developed and introduced the concept of virtual arrival to the market.
- CEO, Jellicoe Tankers Ltd, London September 2012 - present
- Global Chartering Manager at BP, London 2004 - June 2012
- Regional Chartering Manager at BP, Singapore 2000 - 2004
- Chartering Manager Asia, Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S, Singapore 1998 - 2000
- Chartering Executive, Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S, Copenhagen, 1995-1998 / 1993-1994
- Tanker Broker, MJLF & Associates, 1994-1995, Connecticut, USA
- Tanker Broker, H. Clarkson & Co 1992-1993, London, UK
- Trainee at D/S NORDEN A/S 1991-1992
Educations and Affiliations:
- Harvard Business School, GMP; Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, FICS; Shipwright, Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Shipwrights; Copenhagen Business School (HH).