Captain Robert Flannery
President
Metro Pilots

Maritime is in my blood as I am a fifth generation Tugboat Captain. My grandfather owned a tugboat company in the early 1900s. My career started as a deckhand for Moran Towing and Transportation in September 1979. I was self-taught to sit for a license for Mate and then Master. I graduated from "Tugboat U" I am a "hawse piper." While serving as a captain my apprenticeship began. Following my apprenticeship, I became a member of Metro Pilots. The organization handles ships and barges for Moran Towing and Transportation.

Serving as President of Metro Pilots, I was involved with the dredging companies and the USCG with setting up half channel zones for the 50 Foot Project. I am currently serving on Harbor OPS Committee and Chair Deep Draft Working Committee. I am directly involved with the effort to bring the Mega Ships into the ports of NY and NJ. I recently took a trip to the West Coast to see how the ships handle. I also took part in Simulation at MITAGS. I am blessed to have the greatest job in the world and am looking forward to the forthcoming challenges the new Mega Ships will present to the ports of NY and NJ.

©  Copyright 1996-2024. Capital Link, Inc. All rights reserved.

visit:   www.capitallink.com  |  www.capitallinkshipping.com  |  www.capitallinkgreece.com  |  www.capitallinkfunds.com  |  www.irprofiles.com

Disclaimer & Terms Of Use. The information herein is not an offer to buy or sell any kind of securities nor does it constitute investment advice of any kind. Capital Link does not represent or warrant the accuracy of the information in this site. The user of the site acknowledges that he/she accesses the information at his/her own risk and cannot hold Capital Link liable for any matter in any way. Please read full disclaimer and terms of use.