Head of EMEA Power & Utilities Investment Banking
- Pablo Escondrillas is a Managing Director, the Head of Citi's European Power and Utilities Investment Banking team. He has over 20 years of experience in the industry and is based in London.
- Pablo joined Citi in 2001, and in addition to Power and Utilities has had extensive experience in Energy and the Spanish/Portuguese franchise.
- Within Power & Utilities, Pablo focuses on many of the largest integrated listed utilities in Europe, as well as gas and power transmission and distribution networks, and emerging renewables players
- Pablo has been involved in landmark transactions and sector IPOs, as part of the EMEA´s number 1 industry team
- Recent transactions include Macquarie´s acquisition of CEZ Romania, Naturgy´s sale of CGE Power (Chile) , Elia´s acquisition of control of 50Hertz (Germany), and the IPO or Enerjisa (Turkey).
- Pablo received a B.S. in Economics from CUNEF University (Madrid) and an MBA from the Columbia Business School (New York). Prior to his MBA, Pablo was a management consultant with Booz & Co focusing on Energy in Latin America and Europe.