George Wells
Head of Dry Freight Derivatives and Asset Lead
Cargill Ocean Transportation

For the last 5 years I have managed the Dry Freight Derivatives (FFAs) desk for Cargill Ocean Transportation, based in Geneva Switzerland. Cargill is one of the largest users of FFAs in the market. They provide us with an invaluable risk management tool.

I also lead all Asset related projects for Cargill Ocean Transportation. As part of this I have been responsible for a vessel owning joint venture, and multiple bareboat financing structures. We continue to be active in this space.

Previous to this I started my career at Ernst & Young while qualifying as a chartered accountant. I left to join Cargill in 1997, joining the Trade and Structured Finance group. I worked at Cargill in various positions in until leaving in 2001 to briefly join Enron. After the collapse of Enron I came back to Cargill as a risk manager in Ocean Transportation in Geneva in 2002.

I held various risk management and trading roles in Cargill in Geneva before starting in my current position.

I was educated in the UK, reading Geography at St. Catherine's College Oxford.

©  Copyright 1996-2024. Capital Link, Inc. All rights reserved.

visit:   www.capitallink.com  |  www.capitallinkshipping.com  |  www.capitallinkgreece.com  |  www.capitallinkfunds.com  |  www.irprofiles.com

Disclaimer & Terms Of Use. The information herein is not an offer to buy or sell any kind of securities nor does it constitute investment advice of any kind. Capital Link does not represent or warrant the accuracy of the information in this site. The user of the site acknowledges that he/she accesses the information at his/her own risk and cannot hold Capital Link liable for any matter in any way. Please read full disclaimer and terms of use.