Robert G. Robison
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Mr. Robert G. Robison is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Mr. Robison is principally involved with the strategic acquisition and divestiture activities of public and private companies, as well as M&A transactions on behalf of private equity funds.
Accordingly, Mr. Robison has particular experience in international transactions, leveraged buyouts (management-led, strategic joint venture, or fund-sponsored), and counseling boards and special committees with regard to interested party transactions and other extraordinary corporate issues. Mr. Robison is also the leader of the firm's Financial Services Transactions Group with a focus on representing broker dealers, asset managers, and exchanges involved with M&A transactions.
Mr. Robison also represents several Asian and European enterprises in their acquisition and strategic investment activities. These cross-border representations frequently involve joint venture transactions and related general corporate matters (trademark licensing, products distribution, shareholder agreements, and technology transfer).
Mr. Robison is admitted to practice in New York.
Education: University of Chicago Law School, 1977, J.D., Stanford University, 1974, B.A.
List of Recent Representative Transactions
- Represented Quintana Maritime Limited its $2.5 billion sale to Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd.
- Represented Apollo Management in its $3.1 billion private equity acquisition of Claire's Shops.
- Represented TD Ameritrade in its $375 million acquisition of Fiserv, Inc.
- Represented Apollo Management in its $1.3 billion private equity acquisition of Linen N Things.
- Represented Apollo Management in the $813 million private equity acquisition of Smart & Final, Inc. (majority shareholders, Groupe Casino (France)).
- Represented Eurex Frankfurt (majority shareholder Deutsche Börse AG) in the $2.6 billion European acquisition of International Securities Exchange, Inc., the first fully electronic U.S. exchange.
101 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10178-0060