Partner, Northeast Restructuring Leader
Ernst & Young
Ivan is EY's Northeast Restructuring Leader, based in NY. His 20+ years of professional experience crosses multiple industries assisting companies, creditors and stakeholders with a wide array of restructuring and strategy issues including assessing short and long term liquidity needs, portfolio analysis, plans of reorganization, profit enhancement, expense resolution, litigation, receiverships, fraud investigations, negotiating with secured lenders and unsecured creditors and various types of transaction support.
Ivan has an Accounting degree from Rutgers University and an MBA from Columbia Business School. Ivan is a CFA charterholder, CPA and CFE as well as a FINRA registered representative holding the Series 7, 63 and 24.
- Ivan assisted a leading international shipping company that specialized in the transport of dry bulk cargo such as iron ore, coal and grains, as well as bauxite, fertilizers and steel products with its required chapter 11 reporting for over 40 individual debtor entities and B26 reporting for an additional 14 non-debtor entities. Additionally, he assisted the Company with its monthly operating reports and other interim reporting requirements as well as advised management on the preparation and circulation of communications with creditors and other constituents.
- Ivan was the lead partner advising an international lender wind down a $20B portfolio of commercial and residential real estate assets. He and his team are advising management on restructuring issues, property cash flow analyses, loan draw reviews, funding controls, and loan servicing issues. The team is also coordinating the sale of certain loan pools. The project includes developing exit strategies and restructuring scenarios that may include existing borrowers, new money, A note/B note options, Joint ventures, among others.
- Ivan advised his client in regards to a $450 million real estate portfolio consisting of multifamily, hospitality and commercial real estate. He advised the bank through the foreclosure process and is now working with the Court-appointed receiver around restructuring scenarios, short sales and forensic and cash tracing analyses.
- Ivan assisted a U.S. bank prepare its Recovery Plan in response to the Fed/OCC request. He assisted in defining the end deliverables and templates to collect requested information. Ivan assisted in collecting, challenging, and aggregating the information. In addition, he assisted in managing the production and review of the formal recovery plan.
- Ivan was recently engaged to advise on multiple matters on behalf of a US Governmental entity related to transactions with financial services organizations, including credit agreement analysis and monitoring, debt covenant analysis, analysis of cash flow projections, off balance sheet debt analysis, advising on strategic alternatives and M&A due diligence
- Ivan performed analysis of insolvency and capital adequacy on a multi-billion dollar international company. He assisted in the liquidation of the derivatives book and assembled carve-out financial statements including inter and intra-company analysis and guarantee & commitment analysis
- He recently led a cross-border bankruptcy case, focusing on reconstructing the financials and intercompany transactions of the US legal entities to determine entity solvency related to equitable subordinat