Under the Auspices of

Lead Sponsor
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - Columbia Plaza, Limassol, Cyprus

Speaker

Loucas Hamatsos
CEO
Olympia Ocean Carriers Ltd.

I was born in Famagusta County, Cyprus on 23rd November 1962. I graduated in Commercial Operation of Shipping at the City of London University and I joined Zela Shipping Co Ltd - Operations Department, (London based Company), in January 1988.

I further enhanced my education in Shipping by successfully completing the professional qualifications of The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and The Chartered Institute of Transport. I was elected a full Member of The Chartered Institute of Transport in 1993 and, I was elected a Fellow of The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers in 1995.

I was appointed to the Zela Shipping's Board of Directors in 2002 where I served until the end of August 2014. In September 2014 I was assigned the responsibility by the Principals/Shareholders to manage the newly formed Ship Management Company in Limassol, Cyprus under the name of: "Olympia Ocean Carriers Ltd". I commenced my duties on 1st September 2014 in the capacity of CEO.

I am a Member of The Cyprus Union of Shipowners Committee since 2009 and, I am serving with the Cyprus Maritime Academy Board of Governors since April 2016. Furthermore, I am a Committee Member of the DNV.GL Cyprus Committee since August 2015.