Robert P. Burke
Partner, Chief Executive Officer
Bob Burke is the founding CEO of Ridgebury Tankers. Ridgebury has a fleet of modern crude and product tankers. The Westport, Connecticut Company continues to acquire vessels with primary focus on medium range (MR) refined product carriers and Suezmax crude carriers.
Bob has over 30 years of experience in the shipping industry.
Professional working Experience:
- Led acquisitions, operations and sale of Chembulk Tankers LLC as CEO 2007-2008
- Leveraged transaction; $150MM of equity increased to $525MM value in one year
- Directed maritime investments as Head of $200MM Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) backed Investment Fund- Great Circle Capital
- Led shipping financing and investment activities as MD of GE Capital Ship Finance Group
- Over 75 vessels bought/sold/financed, in addition to corporate equity investments
- MBA from Columbia University
- US Merchant Marine Academy graduate, served as ship's officer for three years aboard tankers