Robert (Bob) P. Burke
Partner & Chief Executive Officer
- CEO and founder of Westport CT based Ridgebury Tankers - 2013-Present. Ridgebury owns 20 oil tankers ranging from 46,000 product tankers to 307,000 DWT VLCC's. Ridgebury Tankers is a private equity backed company owned by Riverstone Holdings and Ridgebury's Management.
- CEO of Chembulk Tankers- 2006-2007. Owner of 19 stainless chemical tankers. Acquired in a leveraged buyout by a small management team and AMA Capital Partners in 2006. The company was and sold to Indonesian buyers in 2007.
- Partner and founder of Great Circle Capital, a private equity fund with investments in shipping and logistics. Great Circle invested in port and infrastructure projects in the developing world.
- 1990-1998. Led shipping financing and investment activities as Managing Director of GE Capital Ship Finance Group.
- Received an MBA Columbia University in 1985
- US Merchant Marine Academy 1981 graduate, served as ship's officer for three years aboard tankers.
- Bob has been married to the former Lessley Davis since 1988. They have two children, Lindy 18 and John 15 and live in Ridgefield, CT.