Senior Vice President, Senior Portfolio Specialist
As part of the Portfolio Management department, Scott Becker's, CFA, responsibilities include the monitoring of investment portfolio activity, current positioning and risk attribution. Mr. Becker represents the Portfolio Management team, globally, in market and strategy reviews with institutional investors and financial advisors.
Prior to joining Calamos in 2003, he worked at Merrill Lynch Investment Managers (MLIM) as an equity portfolio strategist and was the senior strategist for MLIM's U.S. value equity portfolios. Previously, he was a senior product manager with Van Kampen Funds working with Morgan Stanley Asset Management portfolios, and for three years worked as a financial analyst. Mr. Becker has over 19 years of industry experience and received his Bachelor's degree in Finance with honors from the University of Illinois. Mr. Becker is a CFA charterholder, a member of the CFA Society of Chicago and holds a Series 7 license.
At a glance:
- 19 years of investment industry experience
- Joined Legg Mason in 2007
- Citigroup -Global Wealth Management division, national sales manager
- Chase Manhattan Bank -Global Investor Services, sales/relationship management
- BA in Finance from Bryant University