- Born in Alexandria, Egypt in 1955. Greek Nationality. Three children.
- In 1977 he graduated from the Law School of Athens University
- In 1981 he obtained a postgraduate degree "DESS - Diplôme d' Etudes Supérieures Specialisées" in Maritime and Transport Law from the Law School of the University of Aix - en Provence (France).
- In 1984 he obtained B.S. (Econ.) degree from the London School of Economics.
- PhD in Political Science, School of Political Science of Athens University
- In 1988 he was elected member of the Board of the "Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation". In 1996 he was elected Secretary to the Board. Since 2005 he is the President - Treasurer of the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation.
- Since 1992, Senior Partner of "S. and A. Papadimitriou and Associates" Firm. Since March 2008, Managing Partner of "A.S. Papadimitriou & Partners Law Firm".
- Since 1989 he is a member of the Board of Directors and Legal Counsel of Global Finance S.A.
- Honorary Awards:
Honorary Bencher of The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, London (2008)
Awarded the title of Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur by the President of the French Republic (2008)